SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brazjazz

if only one sees need for change

brazjazz
18 years ago

Hello and here's a question....Have you experience with only one partner seeing or recognizing or thinking or being willing to admit that there are improvements that could be made in a marriage? How about if nothing is really going wrong at all, but one person feels it important to put the marriage high on the priority list and the other is, well, just not that interested and thinks things are going fine as long as there isn't any conflict, as longs as everyone seems happy? How about if any indication that one partner is not happy, or would like to see more in the marital interaction translates immediately into a feeling of being criticized, thus turning the tables on the whole issue.

We've much, much to be thankful for and I feel I have to make a choice between letting things be so keeping busy with other things and other people and trying to encourage our marriage to seek what I believe is our potential for love and lifelong happiness.

Patience is important and I'm trying to structure my own behaviour in such a way as not to turn him off, while at the same time keep myself from feeling turned off by lack of interest and participation.

all ears for comments and ideas!

braz

Comments (4)

Sponsored