SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scarlett2001

Reptile vs amphibian!

scarlett2001
16 years ago

Senseless argument for the evening last night: have you seen the TV commercial for Geico Car Insurance? Their animated logo or spokes-creature or whatever is the Geico Gecko.

So I came home tired from work and this is on TV. First DH is unhappy because his email to me did not go through. He emailed my name @ mywork FOUR DOTS com. I explained that I have never seen any email address with FOUR DOTS, but he wanted to argue that so I just went to the kitchen and made myself a drink.

So now the Geico gecko commercial is on TV and it annoys DH because it is a reptile. And here is where I fell into the trap. I said, conversationally, "Isn't a gecko an amphibian?" Okay, as it turns out, it IS a reptile. No skin off my nose, I don't give a flying rip what it is. But now I have to listen to this RANT about what is the difference between a reptile and an amphibian, and amphibians are part of the class of reptiles, anyway (which they are not) so therefore even a frog is really a reptile and on and on. etc, etc. etc.

Suddenly something happened to me. I don't really know, but I had the strongest feeling that I was outside of the room, looking at the two of us as though we were actors on a stage and I was watching from a balcony or something! Weird! And then I completely lost my temper and told him I am so weary of his Effing senseless arguments that I could die. And a lot of other ugly stuff.

Is this normal? It kind of scared me. I hope I don't go into this weird trance thing again and come to with a poker in my hand and a corpse in front of me. Just kidding!

Comments (20)

Sponsored