SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grass_widow

Any other grass widows ??

grass_widow
17 years ago

I am what is known as a grass widow (husband works away frequently).

After being married for 6 years; the first year was great, the second year he got a new job that involved him working away about 60% or more of the time, after a few years of that he was promoted to a high paying position that meant he didnt have to work away anymore but that also meant more working hours. He has been promoted again and is now in a position where he has to work away frequently again, im so sick of this lifestyle of the grass widow.

When my husband is at home he leaves for work at 5am and comes home no earlier than 6pm. He also has so many after work activites that he does that means he is out 2 nights a week and one day on the weekend.

I feel like I talk to him more on the phone than in person!

He is a self confessed work-a-holic, he cant seem to sit still for more than a minute. If we watch a movie at home he will be tapping away on his laptop at the same time because he cant just sit and watch the tv.

I have tried asking him to cut down on his weekend work and after work activities so now he only goes 2 nights a week and works one weekend day - but he makes me feel like im so needy for even asking him to do that, am I ??

I have had a long term live-in relationship before meeting my husband and that partner didnt seem to have any problem with wanting to be with me and spending time with me. My previous relationship didnt have any problems in the bedroom either, but my marriage is sexless and we sleep in different beds (his choice).

I feel like im sharing a house with someone and not actually married.

I dont seem to have developed any skills in learning how to cope with his working away and with him being a work-a-holic, I would appreciate any advice :)

Thanks in advance,

Grass_widow

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville