SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phyllis_philodendron

Source of delayed fertility??

I posted this on the health forum but haven't received a response yet...was wondering what you guys thought.

DH and I have finally decided to TTC. Due to some "internal problems," we have always used KY. I did a little research on the subject, wondering if KY would have an effect on a fetus if used while pregnant, and found that by using it you're not likely to get pregnant in the first place!

I wonder: do the majority of couples who have been TTC for agonizing months on end realize this? For some reason, there is a high percentage of couples TTC experiencing dryness - no doubt brought on either by the stress of having to "perform" or just part of their physiological makeup in the first place. I know that during my initial consultation my doctor/NP never even mentioned (nor does the TTC pamphlet they pass out) that this could cause problems. Basically the acidity levels of certain lubricants are almost that of spermicides, which I found startling. Within one minute of exposure to most lubricants, the sperm can die. I also wonder, what percentage of couples spend countless dollars on fertility treatments when this is the problem??

Anyone else out there experencing similar problems? I just couldn't believe the general population might not be aware of this. And of course most doctors are recommending the very products that decrease sperm motility because they're getting a kickback, etc. from using those products.

What do you all think?

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living