SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cheerful1_gw

I don't know where to start (long)

cheerful1_gw
18 years ago

My husband and I are divorcing after almost 29 years of marriage. We dated for about 2 years before that. We have been fighting steadily for the past two years. He says I have been emotionally abusing him. I started reading up on emotional abuse, and noticed that the times I would tell him he shouldn't react the way he does to certain things would be considered invalidation (a form of abuse). He says his family does the same thing to him. I admit I don't always understand where he's coming from in his feelings. He says I only think of myself and don't consider him in the equation, which I strongly disagreed with. I don't know how to make him realize how much I love him and would never deliberately hurt him. After a situation comes up that starts the fight (usually something I do because I don't always think before I act), he gets upset, I get upset back, he starts calling me names. Is what he does abuse since I've started the fight? I don't want the divorce, but I don't want him suffering (or me either). Sorry this is so long.

Comments (2)

Sponsored