SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
geminidream61

Husband's disinterest in sex is hurtful

geminidream61
16 years ago

I feel as if I have been banging my head against a brick wall for a few years now. I'm an attractive forty six year old woman who keeps herself up physically and I don't understand why this keeps on "not" happening.

My husband is eleven years my junior and we have been married for seven years this September. About three years ago, I found out he'd had an affair in the workplace. They ended it and we began working on us. While he was involved with her he would refuse to make love with me, at the time I didn't know he was involved with anyone but me. It really tore me up and hurt my feelings alot.

Well here we are now, still no real affection and as of late, he's started rejecting me sexually again too. He will literally and physically push me away and turn away from me. I've also tried not instigating sex at all and still showing affection, but still, NOTHING!!!

You know, I have to wonder if he's seeing someone else again. When we do end up making love, I'm always the one instigating it and it's really getting to the point of me trying to decide if it's really worth it or not. I can't handle feeling like a roomate instead of his wife anymore.

I don't know what to do, I've tried everything from sexy nightys to new things in bed. I get ignored. I'm really wondering if he is cheating again though he says he is not and there are no incidents of him being out late like before or anything concrete on him having another affair.

I'm just sick and stressed out about this and wanting it to either change for the better or to end so neither of us has to go through this, I'd rather stay married to him and have him be like he was with me before the affair, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. Have any of you ever gone through this? We have no kids, no financial worries and there shouldn't be a problem. I'm pissed off and hurting so much right now. Don't know what to try next.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Garage Door Repair in Loudoun County, VA