SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maryblueberry

my parents hate my boyfriend

maryblueberry
10 years ago

I really can't understand why my parents hate my boyfriend as much as they do, he is my second serious relationship and my mom keeps bugging me that I should be looking around and dating more so I can see what else is out there. We have been together for over 3 and a half years and we are planning on getting engaged, he is still saving up for the ring. I am 22 right now and will be either 24 or almost 24 by the time we get married. There really isnt any rush so we are just taking our time with it and just trying to enjoy life before we are even thinking of having kids.

My mom is so mean to me about him saying he is cheap and that his parents dont have any money or anything to leave him when they pass away... I keep telling her I dont care about money but its all she keeps bringing up. She doesnt understand that I dont care if I live in a big house and have fancy things, I just want to be happy. She is just so money hungry and doesnt understand that he is only 23 and that she doesn't know what the future is like.

Am I wrong that I cant understand why she cant be happy for me that I have found somebody who cares for me amd treats me well? I feel like she thinks that because he doesn't come from a wealthy family that he is trash and not as good as us.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus