Return to the Marriage Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Unhappy marriage and now wife having a relation

Posted by jay8191 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 25, 09 at 23:57

I have been married for 12 years. Have a 7 year old son. Our marriage was never good. She treated me like a servant.
I tried to show my love many times but she always refused and said I am a bad man from a bad family.
Recently one day I came home early and heard my wife having a romantic conversation. It appears she had relation with this guys
from before our marriage. I was distraught and left home. Later confronted her. She says she never called anyone, not having any affair.
Says that guys called once 1 year back.
I said I need a divorce but she started saying she loves me so much that she cannot live without me etc. I think she is just doing damage control.
Relationship gurrus, what should I do now?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Unhappy marriage and now wife having a relation

Forget the romantic conversation you heard, that is secondary. You have been married for 12 years and your marriage was never good, she treats you like a servant, she's always refused your love. What the heck are you waiting for? Get out. This isnt what you want your son to think a loving marriage is all about.

o
RE: Unhappy marriage and now wife having a relation

Trust me, it doesn't get any better. I gave it almost 20 years, that I will never get back.

On the upside, I did meet a wonderful woman and now have a wonderful relationship.

Your situ is not 'normal' and not 'as good as it gets'

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Marriage Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here