SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bellegirl_gw

Another married sex problem

bellegirl
17 years ago

I've been reading some of the posts here and it looks like I'm not the only one. But I've also got a marriage without sex and it really hurts.

My husband is a little older than me and he has had some health problems but he is still very active and works and does sports and all. So it's not like he is an invalid.

But about 4 years ago he just announced to me that sex was not interesting to him any more and that was it. That was the end. I told him I didn't agree but it didn't matter. Since then I've just been trying my best to be a good wife and not to feel resentful but that is very hard. I hadn't planned on life like this. I wanted an affectionate comfortable life even though we are a little older (I'm in my 50s). I don't even think that is too old for sex but at least there could be some cuddling or something, right?

He doesn't want to talk about it. It's just how it is. So should I just be obnoxious and insist that he discuss it - how do you make somebody talk who doesn't want to? Or what? If he doesn't even want to talk about it why would I think he would be willing to give in at all?

As a matter of fact, after four years of being shut out I don't even know if I could have sex with him! I feel like he is a stranger and I know I feel pretty upset about it - not really affectionate although we do (shock!) get along pretty good. We don't fight or argue. We just don't talk about this. And I don't say anything about how sad and rejected I feel. I try to be as good to him as I can because I did promise to be his wife and all that. Just because he is this way I still have to live up to my promises, right?

Comments (14)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!