SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoakie2601

Need advise

hoakie2601
16 years ago

I need some insight on an issue we are having!

We have an extended family in our home. My husbands step grandkids from his deseased wife lives with us. Actually we are the guardians of them.

My husband works in the evening and only gets to see the kids on the weekends. Other than kissing them good night when they are already sleeping and them kissing him good bye in the morning on the way to school. If they are lucky they will see him maybe an hour or 2 throughout the week! (no one day for a couple hours but total of a couple of hours)

The kids are 10 and 11. I stay home with them. I quite my job to be a full time guardian to them. Are are always on the go. They dont walk to school I take them and pick them up. We have to go to counseling and other activites with them almost daily.

Here is what I need help with!!!

My husband wants to go to a race on the 16 of March which will mean him traveling to TN from FL. He will be gone for 3 days. Sat thru Mon. I dont have a problem with this. I have asked him to see if his daughter can watch the kids for one of the evenings.

Than he came to me today and said his sister wants him to drive her UHaul to OK for her on the 1st of March. Which again he will be gone for 3 days.

I am having a problem with this because Im the one always home with the kids. It takes a lot out of me to take care of them! I am still young! Im only 41 but still, they are high energy. I have health issues that make me tired all the time. Fighting with each other all the time and they dont respect me like they seem to him.

His sister has another in law that is willing to help her drive the truck to OK. But she wants my husband to do it. He tells me that I am being selfish by not wanting him to do it. He tells me that all I think about is myself. It all me, me, me. I see it other ways. He was the one that wanted to fight to get the kids here. But I am the one with them all the time. Him and I have not had any time to ourselves in well over a month now. But he wants to abandon us and run all over the US..

Please tell me if my feelings are wrong. I see it as he needs to be here for the kids and to help me out. He tells me that I can get a job and he will stay home with the kids. But I will never find a job making the money he makes. Which would mean we would loose everything. I feel that he wants his cake and eat it too! Have his step grandkids with him, but not have to responsability of being with them. As much as he can anyway!

Thanks in advance for your input!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations