SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tonih72

Reunited and it feels so good........

tonih72
18 years ago

Hello!! I posted a message a few weeks ago introducing myself to everyone.. I mentioned in my 'introduction' that I recently reunited with my ex husband.

Here's my story......

THE BASICS:

We (me and Rob)were married for 6 years, got divorced, remained divorced for 4 years. Now we are back together. We have a daughter together (she's 8) and is TOTALLY thrilled to have mom and dad back together. My son (previous marriage - age 12) is happy too! His dad was absent most of his early years so Rob was practically the only dad he knew (Rob and I met when he was 2).

WHAT WENT WRONG?

I was only 23 when Rob and I met. VERY VERY immature. Didn't take my marriage seriously. Thought the grass was greener on the other side...the list goes on and on.

WHAT CHANGED?

Thank Goodness I came to my senses....grew up.... and realized I had made a HUGE mistake......but...it was a little too late.... Rob got involved with someone else and she made our lives a living h*ll. She was very jeoulous of me, and very jeoulous of Rob relationship with our daughter. I tried to talk to Rob and let him know that I wanted to work things out, but I think he 'had heard the wind blow before'. He stayed with this girl for 2 years until he finally learned that she was NO GOOD (should've listened to me). He actually had to evict her from his home to get rid of her (that's a whole 'nuther' posting...lol).

In these 2 years that he was with 'her', I put myself through h*ll, I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep, I could not FORCE myself to think of anything else except getting him back. In my heart I KNEW that there would come a day that we would be back together, I just didn't know when. I never gave up hope - and eventually my prayers were answered and I was able to talk to him and tell him from my heart what I was feeling. I think he was a little nervous at first (because we've been there before). But THANK GOD he was willing to give it a try... it's been 5 months since then and we are getting along great. For the first time in a long time I am actually looking forward to my future.

So I guess now I feel like it's 'my duty' to urge people to take their marriage seriously, to give it 'one more try'...etc.....

WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?

I want to ask questions (post topics) of areas that we still need to work on and things like that. I hope ya'll are willing to help me / guide me along the way.....

THANKS!

Toni

Comment (1)

Sponsored