Return to the Marriage Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Reunited and it feels so good........

Posted by tonih72 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 7, 06 at 20:52

Hello!! I posted a message a few weeks ago introducing myself to everyone.. I mentioned in my 'introduction' that I recently reunited with my ex husband.

Here's my story......

THE BASICS:
We (me and Rob)were married for 6 years, got divorced, remained divorced for 4 years. Now we are back together. We have a daughter together (she's 8) and is TOTALLY thrilled to have mom and dad back together. My son (previous marriage - age 12) is happy too! His dad was absent most of his early years so Rob was practically the only dad he knew (Rob and I met when he was 2).

WHAT WENT WRONG?
I was only 23 when Rob and I met. VERY VERY immature. Didn't take my marriage seriously. Thought the grass was greener on the other side...the list goes on and on.

WHAT CHANGED?
Thank Goodness I came to my senses....grew up.... and realized I had made a HUGE mistake......but...it was a little too late.... Rob got involved with someone else and she made our lives a living h*ll. She was very jeoulous of me, and very jeoulous of Rob relationship with our daughter. I tried to talk to Rob and let him know that I wanted to work things out, but I think he 'had heard the wind blow before'. He stayed with this girl for 2 years until he finally learned that she was NO GOOD (should've listened to me). He actually had to evict her from his home to get rid of her (that's a whole 'nuther' posting...lol).

In these 2 years that he was with 'her', I put myself through h*ll, I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep, I could not FORCE myself to think of anything else except getting him back. In my heart I KNEW that there would come a day that we would be back together, I just didn't know when. I never gave up hope - and eventually my prayers were answered and I was able to talk to him and tell him from my heart what I was feeling. I think he was a little nervous at first (because we've been there before). But THANK GOD he was willing to give it a try... it's been 5 months since then and we are getting along great. For the first time in a long time I am actually looking forward to my future.

So I guess now I feel like it's 'my duty' to urge people to take their marriage seriously, to give it 'one more try'...etc.....

WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?
I want to ask questions (post topics) of areas that we still need to work on and things like that. I hope ya'll are willing to help me / guide me along the way.....

THANKS!
Toni

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Reunited and it feels so good........

Wow! That is quite a story. Good luck with your future together!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Marriage Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here