Return to the Marriage Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone marry a Bad Boy?

Posted by msmagoo (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 7, 06 at 19:26

Has anyone married a so-called bad boy and have it work out? I didn't, but I've sure have been in love with one or two during my life. It seemed as though I was the one always on guard and getting hurt in those type of relationships. A girl I work with married one and although they are still married, it seems as though she carries the majority of the responsiblities, works 2 jobs, takes care of the house, mows, takes care of the kids etc. Just wondering if there are bad boys that turn out to be good husbands and fathers.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone marry a Bad Boy?

I guess I could say that I married a 'bad boy'.... We divorced but are working to put it back together.
The reason I say he was a 'bad boy' is because he was in ALOT of trouble before we got together...stayed out of trouble while we were together and then got in alot of trouble when we split up...and now has FINALLY grown up and HOPEFULLY put all of that behind him!!

o

Hmmmm... not sure I would classify DH as a bad boy, or reformed bad boy. He's been arrested a couple of times, does that count? lol! There were definitely some serious bad boys in my past, and I do wonder what has happened to them, or if they have married (or if they are in jail...)That question cracks me up for some reason!

o

I've known lots of women who, for whatever reason, are attracted to "bad boys". In time, they invariably realize they're weren't bad boys at all, merely jerks.

o

Thank goodness NO! life is complicated enough without having to wonder where your husband is, or the late night calls from the police telling you that they have picked up your husband, and that he will be on an unplanned "vacation" for the next 12 years, etc. Dated, but I forced myself to walk away...because I wanted to KNOW without a shawdow of a doubt that the person I would raise children with would be there for the long haul, and be someone we could count on.

o

Well, I guess you could say that my DH is a reformed bad boy. But I didn't know much of his past before we got involved. He is the dearest, sweetest man I've ever known and I am blown away by some of the things he tells me he has done and been through in his life. Our paths have run parallel to each other all our lives, but we never met until we were in our late 30s. We went to the same grade school and junior high school and never met (he did know one of my brothers). When we were teenagers his girlfriend lived around the corner from me and I never saw him. We even lived on the same street when we were married to our first spouses and never met.

He came from a very abusive home and I suspect that most of his bad boy behavior was rebellion against that. He stole his first car at 14 (trying to get to his grandparents home in Oklahoma from California). He ran away from home many times. Spent a year at a boy's ranch (sort of like juvenile hall). He was actually asked to leave the Army.

He often tells me he wished we would have met when we were younger, but I was Miss Goody Two Shoes and I'm sure I wouldn't have given him a second look. But he is not the bad boy he once was. He is truly my best friend and we both know how lucky we are to have found each other at long last.

o

i married a bad girl, does that count?

o

absolutely. So, did you do the right thing in choosing a bad girl for a wife?

o

oh yeah!

o

The young woman who married Charlie Sheen! With all the recent headlines...I imagine by now she wishes she had married a good guy.

o

You know I remember reading the headlines, watching Entertainment Tonight about that and thinking/wondering what he had done...I mean for an 8 month pregnant woman to leave, it must have been bad. What did he do exactly?

o

left the toilet seat up.

o

My guess is that she actually thought she could change him. Will women ever learn?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Marriage Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here