SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carolssis

What do you call this?

carolssis
18 years ago

I suppose I should start at the beginning. We loved each other, I thought. After awhile, I noticed he never called me by my name. Then, I started to realize he always had some critical remark to make about my cooking. Even my little brothers liked my cooking, so I didn't understand. After so many critisisms, I quit cooking. But strangely enough, he buys me a kitchen appliance every Christmas.

Just recently, I became ill, took 3 weeks to finally get a diagnosis, and I had surgery. I know he heard me talking to various people about having surgery, yet he never asked me what was wrong, never offered to drive me to the hospital when I had the surgery, just completely ignored there was anything unusual happening to me. Now, I'm back to work, and still the house is silent. He hasn't spoken to me since the end of December, 2005, when I started to make doctor appointments. My surgery was 3 days before my birthday, not a word on my birthday, no card, no gift, nothing. Has not spoken one word to me in over 50 days. What kind of treatment is this? I know it's some kind of emotional abuse, but am not sure of all the ramifications. Can anyone enlighten me, maybe point me to a book for information? I'm totally lost on this one. I want to move out, but have to get "back on my feet" financially after the surgery, before I can afford to move. I just want to understand what he's doing, maybe figure out why. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for helping, I know I'll hear from you.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath