SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
helpwiththis

sleeping

helpwiththis
16 years ago

My friend was talking to me about an issue she is having with her husband today and I thought I would post it on here and get some feedback for her.

Her and her husband have 3 kids between the ages of 4-11. She is a stay at home mom and her husband works full time on a 3-11pm shift. Her issue is that her husband comes home at night and plays video games until all hours of the morning and then wants to sleep until noon. This gives her and the youngest barely any time with him. On the weekends he does the same thing when all the kids are home. This is an ongoing battle and he does not seem to get why she is upset. She says it turns into a screaming match.

Her issue is that instead of coming home and only spending an hour or so to unwind he choses to play video games all night instead of waking up at a decent hour and spending time with his family before work. Even when he does not stay up all night he wants to sleep all day. She says if he went to bed at 2 he could still get up by 9 or 10 and have a good amount of sleep and some family time. He says he works all the time so she can stay home and he should be able to relax. She said she feels like a single parent because she does everyting by herself.

Any advice on how she can deal with this situation (and no her husband can not switch jobs or shifts and no she does not want a divorce)

Comments (8)

Sponsored