SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newlywedbride

Bedroom issues

newlywedbride
17 years ago

Hi,

This is probably a similar post to some of the others, so sorry if I'm duplicating thngs!

I have been married for 6 months (together for 4 years)and my husband and I are 30.

We are a very close couple and generally get on well. We usually communicate well, although we do argue becuse we are stubborn!We spend alot of time together and enjoy each other's company.

Over the last couple of years our sex life has fizzled and sometimes we can go a whole month without it. On average it is probably once every 1-2 weeks.

Without going into too many gory details I have issues about my satisfaction and my husband's attitude towards our sex life. He is very loving in our relationship and very reliable/trustworthy. However, neither of us is very experienced sexually and I feel we need to learn new ways of spicing things up. Without wishing to sound selfish, I often feel frustrated that my husband doesn't know how to "please" me in more than one way. He also doesn't have much of a sex drive and if he is tired he won't be interested (i.e most nights!)

We have talked and argued about this. He says I should be more confident, dress up for him, striptease etc. I don't feel comfortable with this as I am quite shy. I am not confident about my body even though I have a good figure (apparently)and I feel stupid/fear rejection when instigating sex.

I have read lots of tips and hints and talked to him and tried to encourage us to learn more techniques together, but he gets so defensive. He says he always thinks about me first and I should tell him what to do! If I say I don't know he thinks it is up to me to learn. He also says it is me being too emotional and that men and women aren't compatible in the bedroom because we want different things. Therefore he knows the one way to please me and it usually works so why change it.I thought by getting him to understand abut a woman's body better it would guide him about how to please me in lots of diferent ways, but I get the impression he thinks I am a nag now.

Occasionally we have good sex, but it is not often and I am now becoming preoccupied with what I may be missing out on. I get quite angry with him as he seems so reluctant to see my point of view. We went away recently and stayed in a hotel but neither of us instigated anything.

Or is it not all that great in reality?

Our relationship is not falling apart and we have a lot of fun together. I have painted a bad picture of him when he is a lovely caring man really. I love him so much, so why is this happening?

Sorry to go on!

Comments (16)

Sponsored