Return to the Marriage Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's going on?

Posted by msmagoo (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 14, 06 at 14:33

It seems as tho this whole site is very SLOW....it's free now, you'd think there would be more activity.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's going on?

I was thinking the same thing. I think that when they re-did the page of forum contents, the new one does not show any of these forums on the screen. I thought they dropped them, and then happened to scroll waaayyy down and found them again. I am not sure that alot of people know that there are many more forums if you scroll waayy down.

o

Maybe there is so much wedded bliss that everyone is too busy to participate? Well that can't be it. You're right, it is kind of slow around here.

o

Just my two cents here - really don't want to offend anyone:

Often this forum seems to be filled with only the most miserable of situations. While it is a good place for people to seek advice on problems; it would also be a good place for people to share thier positive experiences.

I keep coming back hoping that other happily married people will gather here to share whats good in thier lives but most of the time that is not the case.

So I spend most of my time on other forums that are uplifting and give me great ideas for fun things that my DH and I can do together.

o

OK, let's have some positive feedback on marriage. I married a wonderful man, who's a wonderful father to 2 girls, the oldest is in her 1st yr of college very well rounded, deans list etc. The other is 10 and ball of fire, athletic, very outgoing & feisty. I sometimes think he is too good for me, he rarely gets angry, tries to give us everything(within reason), mostly he is a truly GOOD person, fair, honest, loving and understanding.

o

I can give positive feedback, too! I've been married for 19 years and DH and I are the closest now than we've ever been. Now that we don't need to hire babysitters, we can come and go as we please. The road hasn't been easy - I don't think it ever is. But along with the bumps come some wonderful smooth roads. There are many times I could've said, "You know, I'm not having much fun in this marriage", but instead I worked on our relationship. There will always be issues with my DH, and I'm sure he can find maybe one or two with me (LOL - probably a lot more!).

If we want to see positive threads about marriage, we have to create them!

Sheryl

o

I was married once before for 20 years. He thought of me as 'wife'. I figured that despite all of the problems over the years that the vows had to mean something and tried to keep working on the relationship. After the kids were old enough to drive and get jobs I went back to a career and told him I wanted for us to lead a more 'adult' life together. As in travel, spend time together, and in general work on the 'freind' part of our relationship. He acted like I'd just landed from Mars! He said "you're not my friend - You're my WIFE". Of course I also didn't know that he'd been cheating, had other children and so on and so forth. I finally left him (and found out all of the other stuff later).

Three years ago I met my friend for life. We were married on New Years eve at a house we rented on the lake. He is very romantic takes his 'husband' role very seriously but more than that we are best friends. We like to hang out together, fish, flea market, travel, ride motorcycles - we even had two computers put in our office so we can sit together and play on the computer.
I have to travel a lot on business and before we met I used to love to get out of the office for a trip. Now I am miserable when I have to leave and he can't come join me. He is so much more fun to hang out with than anyone else I know.

o

Been married 35 years to my best friend. We have 3 children and 3 grandchildren. As others have stated it can be difficult at times but mutual respect keeps everything right. We have disagreements, arguments, but not the kind of abuse I've read about on this and other sites. Yikes! I didn't know how miserable some people are. Lynn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Marriage Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here