Return to the Marriage Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Long-Distance Relationships

Posted by Lynn45 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 25, 04 at 14:04

I posted this on the Singles forum, but thought there might be married folks with wisdom to share on this topic, so decided to post it here, too.

I have been in a long-distance relationship for several months now. I seem to have problems feeling connected when we are apart. We have both been out of relationships for many years. Our children are grown. I was contented with my life before we started seeing each other, but am happy with things the way they are now, too. Except for the feeling of withdrawal I get while we are apart. It would certainly be easier if we had the normal dating relationship situation where we lived in the same town. I'll leave any other comments until I hear from some of you.

Any experiences or advice?

Thanks, Lynn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Long-Distance Relationships

I think it depends on where you want this to go. A lot of BIG protential problems don't show up when you are just "visiting" and are not together day in and day out for ages at a time. But the distance itself causes problems as well. Sigh, it is so easy for everything to seem great when you're together and then to blame all the problems on the distance..... If I were you, i certainly would not do anything drastic, like one of both of you moving, for a really really long time. And also, until you know each other's friends and family very well. And if he does not have close long-term friends, then take that as a warning as well. I found out the hard way.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Marriage Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here