Return to the Marriage Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How romantic is your husband

Posted by awbrey (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 15, 06 at 12:39

What is the most romantic thing that your husband has done for you????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How romantic is your husband

He plans the awesomest vacations for us- Hawaii, Maimi, Bon Aire, Lake Tahoe, among others. We really enjoy scuba and skiing, so those are great locations for one or the other. I love spending time with him, so the best thing he can give me is loads of time together.

o

Unlike Meghane....my hubby get's me things that he knows will make my life easier...garbage disposal, large display alarm clocks and such...lol He also buys me necklaces, rings and all those "pretty" things but it's the PRACTICAL things that excite me....btw...we've been married 8 yrs....

Deb

o

Well, he also does the practical fun gifts- last Yule he gave me a compound miter saw and power nail gun. But the vacations are the best...

o

I couldn't say what the MOST romantic thing he has done for me. He is just generally very loving and romantic every day. We decided to ignore Valentines day this year because it seemed reduntant. We have Valentines day every day.

o

You know, after 19 years of marriage "romantic" doesn't have the same definition as it did when I was single! LOL To anyone looking from the outside, my DH isn't obviously "romantic" at all. But to me, who has known my DH for 23 or so years, it's the little things he does. I can't even describe it here, it would sound silly, but all those little things mean the world to me.

o

Romance...I've been together 4 years, married 2 and the definition's already starting to change. LOL One of my favorite things my hubby does for me is, in the spring/summer, he will stop numerous times on the side of the road, on the way home from work to pick me wild flowers, and by the time he gets home he has a beautiful boquet for me (he's even been known to stop his big rig, with his crew following him in other trucks, just to get me wild flower seed he knows I'll like). But, yeah, it's the little day-to-day things, the silly things he does that get me the most. Roses and chocolates are nice, but a walk for two through the forest in the spring is way better! (That's how we spent this Valentine's, and it's probably my favorite yet.)

So you've asked what the most romantic thing is that your hubby has done for you...my question...what's the most romantic thing you've done for your Hubby lately?

For me, my Hubby loves Ukranian food...so I learned how and made homemade cabbage rolls and pyrogies for him. (I also try to be pulling fresh bread out of the oven as he's getting home from his time working on the road.) It might not be romantic in the traditional sense, but I know he likes it. :)

o

"I also try to be pulling fresh bread out of the oven as he's getting home from his time working on the road. It might not be romantic in the traditional sense, but I know he likes it."

I'm not Ukranian but do you have a single sister?

o

LOL...Sorry...no. ;)

o

One of the most romantic things my hubby did was when we were dating. We went camping and when it was time to sleep the tent floor was soo uncomfortable I couldn't sleep. He grabbed me pulled me on top of him and kept his arms locked tight. I slept the whole night on him and he never let go!

Another time we were at the bookstore and he was reading comedy and I was reading the absolute adverstising bottle. you know, absolute lime and such and they have a bottle of lime in an artsy way...anyway, I must have interupted him a million times saying hey look at this one, wow, check this out...instead of getting mad he looked at me and said "you know, they should put a picture of you on a bottle and call it absolute beauty". WOW....that line worked for years...lol.

He is not romantic everyday but he really sends me over the cliff when he is!

Keilamarie

o

Romantic to me is knowing that he values our marriage round about the top of his list of values and priorities, and that he attends to that notion, it's on his mind. When he's feeling like that, he really likes the things I do for him, large or small and he thinks of things too. Small things are great like back rubs, a cup of tea, noticing and picking up something he knows i like at the grocery store while shopping for other necessities--it's the thought that counts the most, particularly in the context of knowing that our marriage is important to him, actively so , not just theoretically.

What makes that happen and keeps that alive? I think it's day to day but it can certainly be a day to day mystery, both to stimulate such attitude and to recognize it when it's there.

braz

o

My husband puts 2 aspirin on my night table every morning before he leaves for work(little arthritis)so i can take it in bed and feel better before I get up. Every morning when I see it there(he never forgets)I smile at the simple act of consideration...In December, I had a biopsy, he went to the corner drug store for pain meds, I was a little annoyed at the time he was taking to get them home, he was out searching for a little fresh table top Christmas tree to put next to the couch I was recuperating on, so I would be cheered up and smell fresh evergreen...That is romance to me....He s a gem, every day I think how lucky I am to have found him...

o

My thoughts run along the same line as Brazjazz's. We don't even celebrate our wedding anniversary every year (and we have had a great many of them), but one of the most obviously romantic things he has done in the past few years was, when on a trip abroad, to buy all the pins (brooches--but not expensive ones) with a dragonfly motif that a certain store had, because he knows I love dragonflies. I think there were six in all, and either from there or another store, he bought me a wooden pendant with dragonflies carved into it.

It means a lot to me that he remembers my preferences that way, but it also means a lot that he occasionally does the dishes or makes a meal, and helps clean the house when guests are coming. Above all, he is a good, and usually enthusiastic listener!

o

Didnt realize at first the post is years old, but its good to know that romance is alive and well LOL

o

What a wonderful post!

I agree, it's the little things that really are romantic. Baking bread is one of the most sensual, romantic things I can think of, so I think that's a perfect description. Placing pills every morning, extremely romantic. Stopping to pick wildflowers.... yes. Anyone can buy a dozen roses. It's those tiny things that are the big ones.

My husband takes off from work when my daughter is ill. He gets up to get me socks when my feet are cold. He buys me special foods, he cooks when he's tired, he lets me hold the remote control. He picks me flowers from the yard. He scrubs my back in the shower. He pays attention to what I like (yay biwako!)

To me, that is romance. I have no need for valentines day or anniversaries. I know he loves me everyday.

o

My wife has planned a long weekend getaway with friends to go cross country skiing up north. Her friends are all women but it leaves me along for the entire Valentine weekend. But what can I do to show her I'm still romantic even though she won't be around?

Sometimes it doesn't seem fair that she's tucking out that particular weekend but it's something she really wanted to do. So I want to make sure to let her know I'm thinking of her even with the fact we won't be around.

o

Yes, I love these posts too!! But Silver, you are SO FIBBING !!! NO guy lets you have the remote!!!!NO man loves his woman THAT MUCH!!! LOL Johnny, why dont you go to Roanoaks link, there was lots of good stuff you can do before your wifes trip (I like the post it on her DL) Or sneak something in her luggage....

o

My hubby does thing a lot but my most favorite would be his love notes through email and text messages. He works in the oil field and is gone a lot and every single day for 2 yrs I have never woke up without a text from him telling me how happy he is and how perfect I am for him. I usually get 2 a day that are like that one when he starts work and one in the middle of the night (he works graveyard shift). He always buys me thoughtful gifts that I would actually want and use...

o

I know it's hard to believe Dotz... ;)

o

Makes me laugh Silver, when I do have control of remote and get up for water or something, when I come back , its inched its way back where DH is sitting LOL Magic!!! LOL

o

The same thing happens at my house! Must be their "magnetism"....

o

He decided to dip a part of himself in chocolate for me. Don't try this at home, melted chocolate is HOT!

o

Good thing you didnt post this On the How UNROMANTIC is your husband thread, Scarlett...Could have been a STICK-Y situation.....

o

I tried long and hard to think of something 'romantic' that my husband does and could only come up with practacal things. But that's okay. He knows me well. He respects me. He honors me, he's my best friend and confidant.

He came and rescued me two weeks ago when my car broke down on the freeway in below zero weather (rush hour traffic).

I love Willie Nelson. But years ago when the song 'You were Always on My Mind' came out I didn't like it. Thought he sounded like a jerk. Then I heard it again after being married twenty years and it brought tears to my eyes. It reminds me of my hubby, not too romantic but so sweet, and always keeping me at the forefront. I love him. Valentine's Day was our 28th anniversary.

o

I work one Saturday per month and only 2 miles from home. My husband doesn't work on weekend. So to suprise me on the Saturday that I worked, he droved his car to the parking lot, leaved it there and droved my car home. Vacum, wash, details the whole car. Fill up my tank very often. He did countless small stuffs around the house that he knew I liked. He doesn't tell me that he loved me even if I asked him. He just said, "you don't need to hear, my action shows" He never mad at me or my son. He loved us (my son and I) very very much. We know each other a long time before saying "I do" and have been married for 19 years.

o

"Romantic" and "husband" don't belong in the same sentence...lol!

o

ah well mkroopy and you wonder why your ex cheated?,not suprised.

o

omg it was a joke....

o

oh sorry.lol

o

"Romantic" and "husband" don't belong in the same sentence...lol!

Sorry about that....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Marriage Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here