Return to the Marriage Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No Sex With Affectionate Husband

Posted by Babylonia (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 28, 13 at 12:18

I've read quite a lot of the forum postings having to do with own situation. A few years ago out of frustration and years of trying many different approaches, I told my husband that although I still loved him very much, because he seemed not to want nor even need sex nor even have desires for sex I was going to stay married to him but have as many affairs as I wanted, even love affairs, if possible, for I don't enjoy sex without love, that I wasn't going to inform him or tell him anything at all and not to ask. If he didn't like it, then "man up" and be normal or otherwise get a divorce. I wasn't going to live like that anymore.

We had a long discussion. He wasn't upset. He said, "Just don't tell me, and I won't ask. Don't let me know, and I won't be upset."

Since then I've had several sexual affairs and one love affair, on-going, with a man who already had a long-term partner (not married). I'm as happy as I can be and certainly not sexually frustrated. On the contrary. I still love my husband, but I cannot believe he would pass up the delights of sexual love for close encounters with his t.v., hunting rifle, fly-rod, and wood-working tools.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No Sex With Affectionate Husband

Thanks for sharing, I guess.

o

Yeah, suzieque's response pretty much sums it up for me too...

o

So you have a roommate with tax benefits.

o

I'm glad you two found a solution that works better for you than the alternative. I hope it keeps working out :).

o

How can a man not want sex!!?

o

Maybe he does... but not with her!
That MIGHT be why he's okay with HER affairs...

o

LuAnne, I was gonna go there but you beat me to it. I guess if the situation works for both of them and they are happy, so be it.

o

Patti, lots of reasons.

Gay men who marry women often will stop wanting to have sex.
Men who were sexually abused may have sexual issues.
Men who are having affairs often change their sexual behavior in a marriage.
Depression will inhibit sex for men.
ED will increase anxiety about sex and reduce desire.
Men who are treated poorly by their wives will sometimes withdraw sexually.

o

or your body just stops working in your 40s and you completely lose interest.

I'm about ready to deal with it the same way babylonia's dh did. (but minus the rifle and fly rod)

o

As reading your post, its seems that the attraction of your both has been nearly to decreased. you have to find out the reason behind it. as you said u still love him,and that's a very good point to stay together.

o

There are more marriage "arrangements" like this than you think. At least she is honest.

o

There are also many medications (anti-depressants, high blood pressure meds, etc) and other medical conditions besides depression that can reduce sex drive, especially as one gets older.

To each their own. If this arrangement works for the OP and her H, then good for them. I think many people buy into the "fairy tale" of marriage, the idea that you will meet your "soul mate" in young adulthood/barely older than a child, who will fulfill all your needs for the rest of your life in perfect monogamy. It's ridiculous.

Life is a lot of things, a fairly tale it is not.

o

Amen to that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Marriage Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here