Return to the Marriage Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where Did You Honeymoon?

Posted by SheliaNC (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 8, 02 at 11:22

We honeymooned in Cherokee, NC and Gatlinburg, TN.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where Did You Honeymoon?

We went to Mackinaw City and Island in Michigan. We go there every year also on our anniversary. We love it up there!

o

We took a cruise to Grand Cayman Islands - and Cozumel Mexico. It was wonderful - I can't wait until we take another cruise.

o

Hot Springs, Arkansas--stayed at Lake Catherine State Park--was beautiful! If I'd have only known back then, coulda had Flamingo and Mr. Flamingo meet us there--lolol.
Sheila, Gatlinburg is our all time favorite place in the whole world! We could easily pack up today and move there. I've been 4 times, and hear it calling me back!

o

We got married in Las Vegas so we stayed an extra 2 days after our wedding.

o

We went to New Orleans and stayed in the French Quarter. What a blast!! Now we're going back in March for my Dad's wedding!

o

Aruba-Bon Bini! It was fabulous!! Once we got used to the wind it was paradise!! Would love to go back!

o

Cape Cod for a long weekend when we were first married (DH couldn't get time off from work) but three mos. later we went to Bermuda for a week. Would love to go back....

o

We went on a cruise of the southern carribbean :)

o

Stayed in a local motel. Got up the next morning and went home to TWO teenage daughters! (ages 15 and 13). Be scared, be vwery, vwery scared! LOL

Did go to the Bahamas two years ago and going back this year! Just let those Bahamians try to push this chubby, white skinned person back into the water...LOL

o

Ruthann, we got married in Las Vegas, too! On the anniversary of Kennedy's Assassination. Perhaps an omen? LOL! (see my post re First Gift).
--ann in NH
"Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me..."

o

We were hell bent never to live in an apartment. We bought our home AS we were married. Had little left for fun. We live in MI and so we drove to Toronto. Camped out one night to find that the tent we borrowed wasn't rain proof (actually such a wonderful memory) and we proceeded to Niagra Falls. We have progressed though the years from our humble beginnings to own our own business and being quite stable. Who'd of thunk it!!!

o

Las Vegas!!! It was so much fun! We stayed at the Luxor (looks like an Egyptian pyramid).

o

macinac city and st.ignace mi.

o

Flew down to Tasmania, hired a car and travelled around for two weeks. Absolutely loved the place and would love to return there one of these days!

o

We went to Heber Springs, Ark. to the Red Apple Inn. We stayed there because they have a beautiful golf course right there at the inn.

o

we put a do not disturb sign on our front door for the weekend

o

We got married on St. John in the US Virgin Islands and then stayed an extra week after the families left. What a gorgeous place!!!

o

Sonoma and Napa Valleys of California.

o

Cruise to the Bahamas would go again. Yeah with him too.

o

We went to Orillia , Ontario with the CANUS Games & then stayed after all the bus loads of kids went home & just drove around Ontario for 5 days.

Diane

o

No where exotic but it was pretty, we went to San Antonio, Texas. Ya Ya , can Lurch and I come with y'all?

Mausie are you going to be in New Orleans this month??

o

North Shore, Ohau Hawaii. Got married at by a beautiful water fall and rented a house for a week. Very nice.

All of your's sound good! Even the do not disturb sign on the door - lol

Chantel

o

Southern Germany and Northern Holland for two weeks. I wanna go back!

o

We married in July, and went to England (where he's from) in September for his daughter's wedding and then we stayed on for 2 weeks. We, also, went to Ireland for 4 days to visit my mother in law for about 5 days.

Ruby

o

OMGosh... Heck, I am "not" even going to tell you guys where we went on our honeymoon.... YOU will "ALL" laugh at me.. lol..

We were young... we were stupid... we were dorky... and we were broke and both still in college... so, please don't ask me.. lol.lol.lol... hahahaha!!!

o

Okay..ALRIGHT... you win... LOL... I guess you could all use a laugh every now and then huh?

WE went to KINGS Island .. in Ohio... eeeek... ha.ha.. Oh, the best honeymoon a girl can ask for... lol.. but, we have since then, made it up several times... lol.. so, it's okay to laugh now... I did the night we went.. :-)))

o

We ent on Royal Carribeans Monarch of the Sea to 5 or 6 Carribbean Islands it was Fantastic we had the room with the sliding doors and outside balcony (which I might add got lots of use LOL)

o

We got married in October, but didn't take our honeymoon until Christmas time...to the Bahamas. Freezing cold in Ks, warm sunshine in the Bahamas...ahhhhhhhh

o

We went to the Bahamas too. Got hooked on scuba diving while there. Also got very sick from drinking the water (we thought we were in a civilized country LOL). The only picture of the two of us together on our honeymoon is the one my MIL shot of us arriving at the airport gate. We were both extremely pale, tired, weak, and a just a bit green from being so sick. Oh well. We had a lot of fun before we got sick and the storm hit.

o

Black Water Falls, WV. In april.....It snowed......it was wonderful. 22 years ago. West by God Virginia will always hold a special place in my heart.......

o

We went to Hawaii, visited three islands. Just went back last March for our 25th anniversary. What a beautiful place.

o

We cruised for a week from NYC to Bermuda before the wedding. Very romantic.

Right after the wedding, we travelled cross-country (NYC-WestCoast) with another couple in a mini-van and did really tacky things. Graceland, Krispy Kremes, Grand canyon, Las Vegas (The Mirage), North Hollywood, San francisco, Lake Tahoe, Reno, Salt Lake City, Cleveland (Rock & Roll Hall of Fame). It was 3 weeks of laughs, laughs, laughs!

Two months later, just the 2 of us flew down to Orlando and spent a week in a golf villa. Again, very romantic.

2000 was truly a wonderful year!!!!

o

Disneyland, CA

o

Niagra Falls! We figured that if it was good enough for his parents, it was good enough for us!

Actually, his parent's "honeymoon" was a belated one taken when Dave was 18 months old. Dave swears that he can remember some of it!

My parents never had a honeymoon, but they travel all over the country now.

o

Mendocino, CA and the coast around there. Just two nights. I had a 15 year old at home with my elderly mom and aunt babysitting. The next year we took a one week Royal Caribbean cruise from Los Angeles to Mexico. The following year we got a divorce.

o

We spent a week in Jamaica, at the Sandals Dunns River couples only resort. It was heavenly.

o

We had one night in Altus, OK. Okay, don't get excited everyone. My DH had one night off and we drove Vernon, TX and married and spent the night in a roach infested apartment in Altus, OK. Ain't life grand? He's been a keeper for 20 years and it's one of our funniest memories.

o

We spent a week at the Almond Beach Resort in Barbados.

The most relaxing and incredible week of my life.

BTW we stayed at the "adult" resort, not the "family" one down the road, although we went to the other one for dinner one evening.

Keli

o

We will be married 33 years this Nov.24th.
We went Island Hopping in the Caribbean for 2 weeks.
Had a private airplane and when we got tired of an island we headed out for a new destination.
Great fun.

Janis

o

Maui, stayed in the upcountry and went all over the place! Fabulous. Many happy memories!

o

A couple of days in Charleston, SC, then a short cruise to Cozumel & four days at Disney World.

o

We went to the Poconos. It was soooo wonderful!! :D

o

We went to Maui for 11 days...it was wonderful!

o

St John's, in the Virgin Islands....hot as heck and we should have stayed somewhere air conditioned!

o

Whitfulone--what a hoot! I'm about 45 miles from both of those towns, and know it's pretty slim pickin's in the romance department (not even a good restaurant!) I'm guessing you were military?

We had no honeymoon. We ran into town in jeans to the preachers house, through the drive-up window of DairyQueen for a lemonaide and right home to 5 littleones with the chickenpox (my two, his three.) Next morning, started stripping about 2000 acres of cotton.....

Took nearly 20 years before we were alone and traveled a bit. Oh well, I'd rather have a good marriage than a good wedding/honeymoon.
j

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Marriage Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here