SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sportsmom12_ln

I am the problem in my marriage

sportsmom12
20 years ago

I know I am the problem in my marriage- but can't seem to help myself. I am 48 and we have been married 23 years. We have had our ups and downs with money problems, medical problems,step children etc.-but no nasty fights etc

Now our children are grown and I feel suffocated in my marriage. I have always been the main breadwinner which isn't a problem. I have always been the one to run the house mainly too- my husband had outside duty.

My problem is we are opposites. I am an outgoing positive extravert- he is a dull negitive intervert. I like my space- he wants to be with me 24x7. I have a stressful job and need to just chill at home- he has a temp job and wants to do something constantly. I stay up until midnight- he goes to bed early and gets up early so when I get up at 8 am- he starts pacing ready for me to do stuff with him when all I want is do enjoy my coffee.

I am not nice to him right now- not mean- just trying to get him to get a clue he is suffocating me. Most women would love a husband that gave them that much attention - it is driving me crazy! Not to mention his boring negative attitude brings me down.

Any advise? I tried to get him to get extra hobbies and in the summer I have some relieve as he golfs- but winter is horrible.

Comments (12)

Sponsored