Return to the Marriage Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Would like your opinion

Posted by cheerful1 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 21, 06 at 8:30

Can it be completely one spouse's fault that the marriage has gone bad?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Would like your opinion

Probably not. But I think I understand where you are coming from.Do you think its your fault or theirs?

o

I think it depends on what you are referring to. Addictions (to many things) can easily be a one sided deal breaker. Cheating comes to mind too. What about someone who refuses to work or contribute to the well being of a family in any way. Or someone who is abusive etc. I would think that there are certainly many situations where one is doing their best to work at the marriage/relationship, and the other spouse is doing their best to destroy the marriage through continued bad behavior.

o

Yes it can, as mentioned above. BUT often one person blames another and it isn't. So there is no simple answer to this question.

Vickey-MN

o

"It's all your fault" means:
"I take no responsibility for anything."

You cannot carry two people on your one set of shoulders.

o

Yes it is possible that it can be one spouse's fault that the marriage has gone bad. You need to be more specific in giving us the situation to get more input. There are all types of addictions and if a spouse decides that something or someone is more important than the person they are married too yes they can ruin the marriage.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Marriage Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here