SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quiltingbunny

Marriage - a light hearted look....

quiltingbunny
21 years ago

Okay, so I don't fit in - NEVER HAVE!!!!

I love cooking, don't care about doing dishes, laundry. I don't sweat the small stuff. I also work full time like hubby.

(MY VIEW ON BEING MARRIED TO A MAN 101)

Laundry - I did his when doing mine (still do when I feel like it). He started taking things for granted so I stopped. He came down, half dressed for work wanting to know if I saw his underwear. I said yep. Didn't you do laundry this weekend? Yep, along with the vacuuming and toilets.....Didn't you say you did laundry? Yep, mine. Didn't have time to do EVERYTHING. Your underwear, last seen was standing at the bus stop heading for the laundry mat with a box of soap. Have not had any laundry problems since.

Underwear - if 2 threads are still attached you can still use them. Ha, not if I get my hands on them (reason number two not to let wife do your laundry). He was flabbergasted this xmas - my family and his sent him new underwear. He thought something was up. Santa got a very special list from me this year. Glad to report if he gets into an accident the hospital staff will know he is married for sure!

Dishes - we all have our own way of doing them. I rinse, he doesn't. He moans the water tastes like soap, I remind him he last did the dishes. The best part is, I can simply throw hot water in the cups and glasses, swirl them around and use the suds to wash the MIDDLE of the pots (ya know when you swirl the cloth around the pot and toss it to dry the middle washes itself). This area is always interesting. I now declare weekends, starting Friday, my TIME OFF from kitchen duty.

Live in maid - every couple has one. I know her very well. When I don't feel like playing 1950's housewife - I just tell my love I will get the maid to do it - he takes the hint.

TV remote - you can get TV remote jammers/over riders on the internet. Go on, have some fun next time you are in the kitchen doorway. He wants to watch girly chat shows and gardening anyway. He just didn't know it.

Toilets - I just live to replace the last sheet of toilet paper with a fresh roll. Heck have some fun, don't replace it, live dangerously, carry your roll with you.

Vacuuming - you only do where you walk. Saves energy. Say no more.

Cooking - you can fry anything.

Don't sweat it. I am terrible, really. I only get him to do stuff because both my mother and his told me not to let him treat me like a 1950's housewife. He has to pull his share. If the dishes are soapy, the pots dirty in the middle, who really cares anyway? The house gets dirty again, the laundry will eventually return and I will be soaking in the bathtub with all the smelly stuff I can get my hands on.

McPeg

Comments (11)

Sponsored