Return to the Marriage Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marriage is like a...

Posted by Yellowhair (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 30, 04 at 20:12

Hi all,
Let's start a "Marriage is like a..." thread just for fun!

Marriage is like the great blue heron who sails upward, wings outstretched, commanding the air, then descends to catch a fine fish, smooth some stray feathers, or stand by the water and look at his world inside.

Marriage is like a big ole snowball. Once you get rolling downhill, you're so heavy you can't go back up---unless somebody gives you a swift kick.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marriage is like a...

Marriage is like an amusement park ride. Some are roller coasters, taking you on an exciting but scary ride up and down and around and through loops. Some are merry-go-rounds, turning around and around in circles but never really going anywhere. Some are kiddy rides, easy, but kind of boring, and making you want something more. And you'd better know darn well which kind of ride you're getting on before you pull down that restraint bar, or you'll be in for a nasty surprise!

o

Marriage is like a two horse team, after the novelty wears off you just keep going, not too happy not too sad, but not lagging to draw the whip.

o

Marriage is like great book and a pot of hot tea on a frosty afternoon. You don't know exactly how it's going to end up but you love the comfort and warmth and want to just stay there as long as is humanly possible.

o

Marriage is like a big pot of stew...no matter how tough the meat is when you start...it ends up flavorful and tender..-maria

o

Marriage is like a overdone roast, it can be tough chewing
until you get past the hard parts .
Zeke

o

marriage is like anything else- it's what you do with what you have that determines the quality of the end product.

marriage is like fire- when that first flame dies down, you have two choices- let it fall to ash, or spend the rest of your life tending it.

o

Marriage is like a maze, lots of twists, turns, rights and lefts and straight aheads..
not sure where the end is going to be but looking forward to the journey..
and as long as you hold each others hands while going through it, you come out together in the end..
Katbird

o

Wow, you are all so poetic. I'm not, but this is how I often describe my marriage: My husband is like a helium balloon that soars and would escape into the atmosphere, were it not for the fact that I am holding the string that keeps him tethered. I hope that doesn't sound sad, because it isn't. I do believe we compliment each other. He is the dreamer, and I am the realist. Together we do make a team.

o

chinacat_sunflower,
doesnt Bob Seger have a song out that is somewhere along those lines ...??
Zeke

o
RE: How to stay Married!

How to Stay Married

A man and woman had been married for more than 60 years. They
had shared everything. They had talked about everything. They had
kept no secrets from each other except that the little old woman had a
shoe box in the top of her closet that she had cautioned her husband
never to open or ask her about..

For all of these years, he had never thought about the box, but
one day the little old woman got very sick and the doctor said she
would not recover. In trying to sort out their affairs, the little old man
took down the shoe box and took it to his wife's bedside.

She agreed that it was time that he should know what was in the
box. When he opened it, he found two crocheted dolls and a stack of money
totaling $25,000.

He asked her about the contents. "When we were to be married,"
she said, "my grandmother told me the secret of a happy marriage was
to never argue. She told me that if I ever got angry with you, I should
just keep quiet and crochet a doll."

The little old man was so moved; he had to fight back tears.
Only two precious dolls were in the box. She had only been angry with him
two times in all those years of living and loving. He almost burst with
happiness.

Honey," he said, "that explains the doll, but what about all of
this money? Where did it come from?"

"Oh," she said, "that's the money I made from selling the dolls."

o

Marriage is like taking a bath. After awhile, it's not so hot.

o

Marriage is a like a rollercoaster full of up's and down's.
Enjoy the up side of it and when the down side kicks in hopefully the two if you are committed and smart enough to look at each other in the eyes and say THIS TOO SHALL PASS.

o

Marriage is like a yo yo, but as long as the string doesn't snap, it'll be okay!

o

Marriage is just a need to love & be loved. God forbid that you should never be given the opportunity to experience either.

o

Marriage is like a sleep over with your best friend that never ends...

Keilamarie

o

Marriage is like ...... a never-ending story problem!

My friend told me that marriage licenses should be like drivers licenses. Every 4 years or so, they'd be up for renewal (or not). ;-)

o

...big crock without handles.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Marriage Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here