SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
austindude_gw

new member in dire need!!

austindude
16 years ago

Hello All,

I need some stern advice from any one thatÂs willing to give it. This is my state of affairs, here goes. I am a dude thatÂs been married for 5 years and just recently found out that my wife purposely siphoned our 2006 tax refund ($9, 800) to her mother back in Africa(she claims) without my knowledge or consent. I checked online last year June after we filed jointly to find out what the status of our filing was and it indicated that the check had been mailed. I ran this by my wife and she told me she hadnÂt seen anything in the mail (I currently work out of town and only home on weekends). She promised me that she would follow up with the IRS and I believed her and left the investigation to her.

Month after month I would ask her what was going on and she would give me the same answer I.e. the IRS is still doing some investigation. Around October of last year, I started getting apprehensive, so I decided to follow up with the IRS myself only for them to tell me that the check had been cashed. I told my wife about the findings and she said no one ever told her anything like that (she even went on to accuse me of being overly obsessive with money, hell yes I am obsessed, 10gs? But I digress) Anyway, I informed the IRS to mail a copy of the cashed check to me which they did twice, but somehow my wife never received it (she claims again). So I told her I was going to tell the IRS to send the copy of the cashed check to my out of town address. Apparently she panicked, and called the IRS the next day not to send any checks to any address. I didnÂt find out until I called the IRS back to find out about the status of the check they were supposed to be mailing, not until then did someone tell me that my wife had called to put a hold on the check. I was already enraged at this stage and I confronted her with it and she finally owned up after close to what, 9 months?

Now, I donÂt believe anything that comes out of that womanÂs mouth, heck, I donÂt even believe what she claims to have used the money for.

I am eager to hear responses on what people out there would do about a situation like this, 10,000dollars is a lot of money and she is well aware of our financial situation, we already planned to use the money to pay off some imperative bills and I guess all that is down the drain now.

I will listen to what all have to say and appreciate feedbacks.

Thanks

Comments (13)

Sponsored