SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kcils

Faciliting the Situation.....

kcils
16 years ago

sorry its so long, i appreciate anyone who reads and responds.

Hello all, I just need some advice, my wife and I have been married almost 2 years, both 25, baby will be here in 3 months, 6 months back seperation was about to take place but we learned of the baby, now here we are, I know that its not right to stay together for the child, but its the right thing to do...right?

In my opinion our marriage was doomed from the start, we were together at 17 in highschool, after highschool we both went to colleges 1000 miles apart, and rushed to get married 2 months after graduation not realizing we've become 2 different people, its easy to realize this now, but at the time we were blind.

I know that I am in this marriage half heartidly, as I am sure that my wife is not the one for me, however i keep a smiley face to cover how I really feel, especially now that she is carrying our child, i would never bring the kind of stress seperation can cause to her right now, plus its not like I hate her and don't love her, just not in love.

I also know that she knows that I don't feel the same way about her as I did in the past, we have both talked about it and she will even tell me I don't look at her the way I used to, and its true, all I can ever come up with is i'm just trying to do the right thing.

My wife is very clingy, needy, and spoiled, I should have seen the early warning signs especially when a month before we were married the ring I gave her wasn't big enough and she traded it in, no matter how much i pleaded that it's not the size its the meaning. I also believe that she may have some deep psychological problems being that I have to actually tuck my wife into bed every night i believe this stems from her sleeping in the bed with her parents until we were married, again being young and blinded by what you think is love didn't allow me to see that this would be a problem in the future.

I know that we are suppose to live and learn, and I know that I have learned, I just want to do the right thing.

sorry this is so long, and thanks for any advice I recieve

Comments (26)

Sponsored