SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emmhip

Father In Law's new girlfriend...

emmhip
18 years ago

My mother in law passed away a year ago from cancer and we were all very devasted as she was only 58 (and it was a long painful process). My FIL has pretty much been in a funk since, worrying his two sons, my DH (28 yrs. old) and my BIL (25 yrs. old). Recently he lost 45 pounds, started taking better care of himself, and he now has a girlfriend. He seems really happy to be back in a relationship and his girlfriend is a very nice lady. We have been working really hard on trying to be happy for him, but a few things are bothering us...

1. He is extremely candid about the relationship, wants to talk about his sex life, etc.

2. When he and his girlfriend are around us they ARE ALL OVER EACH OTHER! Like two dogs in heat. It's like a bunch of teenagers, they make out in front of us and are very touchy-feely.

3. Has been a bit distanced from my DH and I, our DD, and my brother in law. We were all very close prior to this, but now he is more concerned with hanging out with his new love interest.

We are trying to be adult about this, supportive and happy for him. But, it is hard when it's so in your face and I feel so bad for my DH who was very close to his mother. It's extremely hard for him to see his father groping this other woman in front of us.

Any suggestions on how to get over this/past this?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Designing Beautiful, Sustainable Homes in Columbus