SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pinkhill_gw

Hubby wants child. I'm fixed

pinkhill
14 years ago

I have three kids from a previous marriage. Husband and i are 40. I was fixed after third because of health problems. Hubby knew this and was fine with it. He has no kids, and never wanted any. I am his first marriage.

We have a great marriage in all ways. He's hard working, attentive lover, gentle soul, adores our kids.

But last night he said that he wishes we could have a child of our own. Then he joked it off like he was just goofing. I wish I could give him a child. He is a wonderful step dad. Kids think he's so cool. Actual statement from the seven year old.

But I physically cant. I feel so sad about denying him this. But it was something that he was adamant about when we dated and married. He did not want a bio kid because of family health history.

I'm not trying to dwell on this but I worry he will feel like I kept him from having this.

I asked him outright and he says he only wants kids with me, we have three and if we cant have another it's ok. He wouldnt want kids if it were another woman. His heart is bound to me. It's just a natural urge and we are lucky to have everything we do.

Anyway, any suggestions? Or advice to ease my sadness of this.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH