Return to the Marriage Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Husband: Midlife crisis

Posted by goodhome631 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 7, 11 at 10:22

My DH is just over 40 and according to him, experiencing a midlife crisis.

Also, now that his job has become slightly less stressful, he wants sex ALL THE TIME. We have two little kids (5 and 2). I value my sleep. I value my "me" time.

Not only does he want sex at least 1x day (sometimes more), he needs to have foreplay and cuddling after!

I'm somewhat more of a "male" type - I like to have sex, turn over, and then go to sleep. I'm also not necessarily interested in long bouts of foreplay prior to sex.

My husband's demands for my attention rival those of my children. I'm ok with sex 1x day, but sometimes, I just want to watch TV or read a book, and he has a hard time understanding that. Help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Husband: Midlife crisis

why does he think hes had a midlife crisis.has your husband had an affair,

o

Okay, so he wants sex more often now that he is not stressed. I get that.

Where's the midlife crisis?
Like tracystoke asked... is he having an affair?

o

Look, I know this may not be what you want to hear, but I'm a lot older than you and my advice is to absolutely go along with his wishes.

Why?

If your husband is 40, I presume you're in the same neck of the woods? In a few years or so, your hormones are going to go crazy. And you know what happens? Women in their mid to late 40's get really, really hungry for sex. I mean to the point of being desparate at times. Doing what he wants now, is money in the bank for when you need him. I have to tell you, my husband enjoyed my journey through menopause--generally 3-5 times a day, every day! It is nature's cruel joke that our peak sexual times rarely align, but still, you'll appreciate his attention in a few years, so I'd show him some now.

o

Do you feel close to your husband? Is it possible that he is wanting more closeness, and so he is searching for it via sex? My guess is that your sexual behaviors are reflected in your relationship at large, in that intimacy on any level is a chore. Maybe he recognizes that life is short, and that he wants to have a better relationship with you for his second half of life. You might ask him about that, and find out if there are other ways to build closeness that might fit better for you and at the same time meet his needs.

It is a wise woman who will 'listen' to her husband's heart.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Marriage Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here