SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whazzup44444444

Wife cheated Entire Marriage, do I stay? - Help

whazzup44444444
9 years ago

I found out after 4 years dating and 10 years of marriage my wife had been sleeping with her ex boss the entire time on and off. According to her she slept with him once before we met when she was 18. We then met and started dating and she started sleeping with him again after we were together a year and a half. She continued the affair throughout the rest of our time together including 9 weeks before we got married and 1 week after our 10 year anniversary. She was caught by the man's wife 2 months later. She lied and lied for 9 weeks before I got a lot of details(not sure if I have the whole truth but she claims I do). It took weeks of information from his wife and me confronting her to get the truth.
She claims the reason she did this was because she was raped by her aunt when she was 6-7 years old and she was just acting out. Then she said it was to feel good about herself because I didn't tell her she was beautiful enough. Somehow I am blamed by her now because I wasn't a perfect husband and she needed to feel good about herself. She claims he would tell her how beautiful she was and she liked it so would sleep with him. Funny thing is they were having sex at the job, a Shoneys, and literrally having sex on tables and on the floor in the kitchen so not sure how that made her feel better. Anyways, they continued the affair the entire time we were together and she hid it incredibly well. I never assumed anything. She admitted they never used protection and she would come home and sleep with me after being with him the same day, To me there is no lower form of disrespect for another human than that but she justifies it by saying he made her feel good then she wanted to come home to the man she really loved. I don't get it.
She swears she never had any emotional connection with him that it was just sex yet it carried on all those years. She swears she has always loved me yet she is able to have sex with him 9 weeks before we get married. I am really confused by this. We went to marriage counseling for a year and the counselor seemed to always have her side. He said it was more normal then I thought to have a woman have an affair with 1 other man for this amount of time. I am having a really hard time believing this and hope someone can give me their opinion as I can't believe this is true. I felt like the counselor was saying whatever is necessary to keep us together. To be honest, the only reason I am still with her are my two daughters 4 & 7. I love them more then anything in the world and never want anything to hurt them. The problem is I find myself more and more stressed out every day I am around her. She continues to put blame on me for her infidelity and tells me I should already be past it. I have anxiety every day now and it is difficult to act normal at home. I need any advice as to whether I should go ahead and leave or stay for my daughters. When I am with them I can smile and play as they make me happy and I love my time with them. It is hard to imagine not spending every day with them and the last thing I want to do ever is hurt them. Only problem is my sanity is in question as long as I stay with her. What do I do?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH