SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
helen2008

Going through divorce,....I'm scared....

helen2008
16 years ago

I'm going through a divorce with an 18-month-old son involved. My DH has not been helping me with my baby. Ever since I delivered my baby, I was the only one that stayed up nights, feeding, changing diaper, bathing, taking him to the doctor, dropping him off and picking him up from daycare (pretty much from a-z) - my DH could care less. Now that we're going through a divorce and he said he wants shared custody where he could have my son during the weekend. I work both weekdays and weekends (depending on my schedule) and he works weekdays only from morning 'til 2:30 pm. I know the reason he wants my baby for the weekends is to take my baby home so his parents and family could play with my baby. He treats my son like a toy and I resent him for that. My son has been through 2 x-mas and he wanted my son for his family for 2 x-mas (like my son doesn't have a family of his own). But what I don't know is what are the chances he would have shared custody like that?? I don't want my son to fall into his hands nor his parents'. There were times he played with my son so tough that he could have killed him (like hitting him on the head with a ball when he was 6 months old and hitting the ball so hard to the ceiling that it broke the ceiling's light and the broken pieces of glass dropped, I swear,just about an inch from my son's head). I know they will put my son in danger for sure. Anybody in here has been through a divorce where you have won sole physical and legal custody of your children/child? What documents/evidence I could gather to present to my attorney and the judge to show that he should not have custody of my son?? I'm not scared to go through this divorce if it was just me,... I'm scared of loosing my son and custody of him.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County