Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
glen81069

Filling Area Behind Wall Strips

Glen81069
10 years ago

Hey All�,
I have a MH that when we bought it used, every wall has been repainted within the last year. It was done by a pro. so it was done right. The walls are the thin paneling, but still have the batten strips covering where the panels meet. It's been setting in this same spot for 20 years, and we have no thoughts of moving, so it's here to stay. I've read post, after post on how others have removed the strips, and painted. We still have some of every color that was used, and can get more of the exact paint to match. My question is that some say they taped, filled and sanded but was it on sheetrock walls, or the wood panel walls that this was done on? I've never had good luck using the tape, but if I can get by just using the joint compound, and it working out right, I have no fear of doing this. I've filled holes and cracks in the past using hardwood patching material, as you can also sand it smooth. Like I've mentioned, every wall has been repainted in the past year by a pro, I'm just wanting to try to remove the strips.

Comments (4)