Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mopower440

Help with painting cabinets

mopower440
10 years ago

In our double wide, we gave the MDF cabinets that have the thin vinyl layer over them that look like wood. We want to paint them white. I have been researching this but have questions because i want to go buy the supplies but not EXACTLY sure what to get. ok, first is the primer. Ive read that zinsserBIN, Zinsser cover stain, and Zinsser bullseye 123 are all good primers for using on a laminated cabinet because they will stick to a shiny surface. The BIn is very expensive and it is a shellac, if i can, i would rather use one of the others because the price of the BIN is so high. The Zinsser cover stain is oil based and the bullseye 123 is water based but says it will seal out water stains and all of them say they will adhere to ANY surface, which one should i get? Next, what type of paint do i need to go with the primer? also, i need to sand the cabinets lightly before priming, what grit paper do i need for this light sanding? also, Ive read to use a good roller on the doors to avoid brush marks, what type of roller do i get? The only thing im sure about is cleaning them first with TSP..lol.. HELP!!

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES