Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pinkbumblebee

"bathrooms stink" in 2007 deer valley dw manufactured home

pinkbumblebee
9 years ago

We purchased a 2007 Deer Valley double wide used 2 years ago. I must say, it's built very well, but one thing I can't seem to figure out. It's a strange odor in the bathrooms. Not sure if it's sewer gas because it's hooked to a new septic tank and not sure what that sewer gas smells like. We've always had city sewer. When I come in the home, especially when it's been closed up for a few days, it will irritate my eyes. My husband notices nothing! Called in a plumber and he said all plumbing under home looks good. I heard there's a vent that vents out the sewer gases. Maybe I need to contact Deer Valley and see if they can email me instructions on where to locate this pipe/pipes. It's musky and very strange. Like nothing I've ever smelled before. I keep the bathroom doors shut in case it's sewer gas. There's got to be an inexpensive way to test for it without purchasing expensive equipment. Not sure this would help, but maybe access the attic (which we don't have yet installed) and have my husband or plumber crawl up there and see if the pipes are disconnected somewhere. Any suggestions from manufactured home owners? Thanks Gayle

Comments (3)