Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roberta_z5

What if the measurement is off?

Roberta_z5
18 years ago

We just had our three part modular home set on the basement foundation last week. Our temperatures were in the single digits and we really felt sorry for the guys that were doing the work, but they didn't seem to mind at all. All went well until a few days later when they brought the third section down from Wisconsin. They hoisted it up with the crane and it is off by an inch.

They cut pieces off to make it fit, but inside you can still see that it is off. The finishing crew will be here on Tuesday to - well - finish. They expect it to take 3/4 days to complete everything. The crane is no longer here, so I don't know how they plan to either move it into place or hide the flaw. Frankly, it really doesn't matter to me if they just hide it since it is structurally sound and sitting on the sill plate.

I have to imagine this happens pretty regularly on the larger houses. Am I right? We built the walk-out basement ourselves with ICF's and measured and re-measured. When they came out to check it for accuracy, it seemed fine with them also. I guess it wasn't exact enough though.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company