Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wood Stove

Posted by dodgent (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 1, 09 at 11:11

I live in a 1100 sqft Fuqua Home, I have always liked heating in the past with a Woodstove and plan on installing one in this home, it is sitting on a 9' basement.

I have read a lot about not installing certain wood stoves in Manufactured Homes and I am guessing the reason is the Combustion Air problem, some stoves come with kits for fresh air to the outside of the home.

My question is why cant I install a Vogelzang Mountaineer Woodstove that I have in my home? I planned on putting a duct from the outside of my home to a vent next to or behind the Woodstove for fresh air. Wont this be ok?

I am going to have the stove sitting on a fireproof base, the stove has a heat sheild on the rear of it and I am going to install concrete board on the wall with 1" spacing behind it.

Does anyone see a problem with this installation??

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wood Stove

Before you do ANYTHING, make sure any stove you purchase is rated and CERTIFIED for use in manufactured homes!

There are many manufacturers that have such stoves but I don't know if the ones I see in the Northern Tool catalog are correct. That very brand is in that catalog.

There are many reputable brands out there that are indeed certified for the use you're looking at. Don't just shop price, shop value and correct application. It could save your life.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here