Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newmobileowner

Serious Problem

newmobileowner
17 years ago

The lot my trailer is on gets saturated during rain storms. I have a double-wide. Yesterday I noticed water on my carpet where the carpet meets the tile floor of my kitchen and also water in my master closet where the rug meets the tile floor of the closet. Above the kitchen where it is wet,my ceiling is cracked. It's also cracked down the hallway. I'm going to call Oakwood homes today when it opens. That's where I bought my trailer from. It is still under warrenty. My question is why the water on my rug and what problems do you think have occured. I don't want to think they fixed everything and then a year from now find out that they didn't,because I did not ask the right questions. I know that the problem is that the trailer is sinking. Will the have to take off the siding to look for problems? Thank you so much for all the info.

Comments (3)

• granny2anb
    17 years ago

I don't have an answer for you but you might be able to get one at the following link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mobile Home Repair Forum

• pjjujospk
    17 years ago

Hi, I tried to post earlier today but it didn't show up here. Are you in a park? If so ,I would assume the lot should be already preped' to accept a MH. If this is a private property *( yours ) it could be in part the way the lot has been prepared --- incorrectly. Also, there could hav been improper , careless " Set-up. Often the set-up crews do not have a good understanding of structure.
    Do you have at least 1 foot eves extending beyond the roof ? If you have less, which many homes have, it is much easier for water to run back and behind the walls. Do you have rain gutter all around your home and is it built so that it is routed down a spout to not only the ground but have an extension that may run out a ways carrying the water away from the home.
    Is your home sitting up higher than the surrounding ground around so that the water drains away from the home?
    Perhaps some area on the roof is not well sealed or windows leaking around the frames but that should show up on the walls, I would think.
    You might talk to others with Dbl. wides and find out if they had similar problems , what they did and who they used for repairs, if your Dealer doesn't respond or make the needed repairs.
    You should get the moisture problems taken care of as soon as possible befor you have a Mold problem or if prolonged , it could rot the floors. If you see scattered , dark spots appear under vynl thats usually mold. This is something you don't want --moisture for an extended period.
    I hope you get somme help from your Dealer and that things get done correctly this time.
    Good Luck,
    pjjujospk

• alviec
    17 years ago

Ahhhhh, defects. Good luck trying to get the manufacturer to fix your problem. If they file an "industry" complaint, be prepared for your warranty to run out before you get anything accomplished. I would seek legal council now.

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative Design-Build Firms