Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joethelion

Looking at an Avis America

joethelion
16 years ago

My wife and I are very seriously considering an Avis America Dunkirk (around 2000sf). There is a model home locally that we have gone through several times and we really do like it. My only concern is that I can see where the site-built garage roof was tied in to modular house roof. When the sun is setting, it is quite apparent. On a cloudy day, you can't see it. I drove by it a couple days ago and I could see where a light snow had accumulated in this raised area of the roof. To avoid this, I am thinking about having a standing seam metal roof installed on-site rather than shingles at the factory. Is this just something that can't be avoided with a modular? Also, is there a general rule for cost/SF? We want something a little dressed up (hardwood floors, driv-it and fieldstone exterior, Corian in the kitchen, etc.). I'm hoping to keep the cost below $100/SF because I know there will always be hidden or unexpected costs that pop up during construction. We will need a sand mound and well too.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Ohio