Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flooring

Posted by Paul8025 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 13, 13 at 23:16

I am thinking of putting a laminate floor in my DW. I have a hump where the two sections of trailers meet. Is there a way to work around this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flooring

Please explain what you mean by a hump. There shouldn't be one. My first thought is that maybe the place needs to be leveled.

o
RE: Flooring

We purchased a 2000 MH and had the same "problem" in the living dining area where both side join. I wouldn't actually call it a hump but it was sort of uneven. We decided to lay down an extra layer of 1/4" press board before installing the laminate flooring itself. We mainly did it to lessen the mobile home type of feeling when walking around but it did take care of the uneven flooring as well....for now.

o
sliding glass door

I have a sunroom with the 3 track plastic windows in an aluminum frame. The plastic is dry rotting because of the sun. There are 3 windows in the back of the sunroom which is about 12' wide. I am thinking of having them taken out and installing a sliding glass door. Do you think that would be wise or am I wasting my money? Also, would the door be too heavy for the frame?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here