Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
guy954_gw

How is your Property Manager?

Guy954
9 years ago

Ours is also the sales manager. For the most part she is a phoney. Only nice when she wants something from you, like when you buy into the place. She will tell you the rules, but lets others break them right in front of your nose, in my case across the street she will let people park on the grass or on the street.

She is also the sales person. She acts like these old homes that were abandoned/foreclosed or an older person passed away and they were taken over by the community are gems when in fact they are not assets but liabilities. She doesn't get that she should see them cheap and make the money on the lot rent which with water and taxes will be almost $700 in January.

Oh and there was a fixer upper that she said she would let go for $100, I think it's a 3/2 singlewide and they did minor repairs and now want $11K for it. I wouldn't take it for free. Plus walking my dog one day I spoke to a person who is a neighbor there and he told me there are plumbing and electrical problems and all they did to the electric was put a new box outside.

There there is a 3/2 single which was made into a 2/2 since they are the tiny bedrooms in the middle made into a larger bedroom, but still narrow due to the hallway. They want $10K for it, but it's not really a full 2/2, It seems that at one time the master bathroom sink was in the bedroom and taken out, so now that bathroom has only a toilet and shower, so you have to enter the shower to wash your hands.

Then there is another one which may have been an illegal conversion from a screen porch to a semi indoor space. The walls and windows seem like plastic. I asked about that and she said it was in the process of being sold. I think she just said that so she could try to sell it to a rube and let the illegal porch be their problem. Plus it still has a 1970's center island attached to the floor. They want $6k for that junk.

Sponsored