Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peggy1595

price over factory invoice in Calif.

peggy1595
9 years ago

Any info on approximate price should pay over the factory price in California, i.e., 10%....... Looking at Silvercrest and Skyline.
Dealers very reluctant to give up factory invoice. Any info appreciated.

Comments (4)

• christopherh
    9 years ago

Why should the dealers give you their invoices? You're not buying a car from a dealer who sells 100 cars a week and has room to deal.

• rdmdsh
    9 years ago

I am interested in purchasing a Silvercrest Manor Estate. I wonder if you, or anyone else knows how much the baseline cost per square foot would be?

• lovemychi7
    7 years ago

I know this is an older post but I'm wondering if you got an answer and if anyone could share. This is a little off topic but I'm in ca as well (so cal) and I'm trying to find another so cal resident here who has purchased land. I am trying to find out if it's possible to do in my region without spending a million dollars on a plot of land

• Debbie B.
    7 years ago

Manufactured homes aren't priced like that. If you were buying a site built home, you wouldn't ask the general contractor to see all her expenses for building the home and then expect to pay 10% or whatever, over his cost. Sometimes realtors look at sq ft of a home, especially in CA, to help them price a home, but that's usually in an area where the only comps are are bigger or smaller than the home they're trying to sell.in order to get some idea of what to list it for.

Though it has been done, there is very little negotiating room in the price of a MH. That's not to say you shouldn't try it, rather I'm saying be aware that it's not easy. Like everything else, the price of a MH is set by what the market will bear.

Good luck! :-)

Sponsored
Designing Beautiful, Sustainable Homes in Columbus