Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New to board and relatively new homeowner

Posted by buster4 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 29, 08 at 13:25

Hello all,
I am new to this board and glad I found it. My husband and I bought our first home last Christmas and have now been in it for almost a year. It is a 1996 doublewide and it sits on 2.5 acres of land. It is 1960 squarefeet. We bought it from HUD and got a very good deal on it.
We did minor things to it before moving in other than cleaning, because the home was in good condition. What needs to be done on the inside is really mostly cosmetic. The outside needs more work in my opinion.

On the inside I have done some painting already, but I feel that I need more inspiration. I have looked at what some of you have done and it looks just great. My next project is out 2nd bathroom. It has wallpaper with purple flowers (just not my taste) and a vanity that I will paint. The countertops in the bathroom have purple trim, which I will have to live with until I would be able to replace them. This wallpaper and these countertops are the same as in my kitchen and master bathroom. I will include pictures, but have yet to figure out how to do that here.

QUESTION: Where do your go for inspiration online for you decorating projects?

I know that decorating a mobile/doublewide/manufactured home is the same as decorating a regular home, but sometimes the materials used are cheaper (like the fake wood), so prepwork takes longer to make it look right.

Also, I like something visual, not just a piece of text, which is what I most often find on the sites I have found about mobile home decorating.

Any ideas welcome.

Hugs
Trine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New to board and relatively new homeowner

Trine...I often go to a site called mobilehomerepair.com. It has tons. Also there is a site called tastyvenison.com. He has some wonderful pics and a movie on youtube. I haven't tried much of what these two have, but the ideas are swimming in my head! Good luck!

o
RE: New to board and relatively new homeowner

Thanks, I go to mobilehomerepair too, they have good stuff there. Liked the other one. They have done great stuff with their home. Thanks.

Trine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here