Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
buster4_gw

New to board and relatively new homeowner

buster4
15 years ago

Hello all,

I am new to this board and glad I found it. My husband and I bought our first home last Christmas and have now been in it for almost a year. It is a 1996 doublewide and it sits on 2.5 acres of land. It is 1960 squarefeet. We bought it from HUD and got a very good deal on it.

We did minor things to it before moving in other than cleaning, because the home was in good condition. What needs to be done on the inside is really mostly cosmetic. The outside needs more work in my opinion.

On the inside I have done some painting already, but I feel that I need more inspiration. I have looked at what some of you have done and it looks just great. My next project is out 2nd bathroom. It has wallpaper with purple flowers (just not my taste) and a vanity that I will paint. The countertops in the bathroom have purple trim, which I will have to live with until I would be able to replace them. This wallpaper and these countertops are the same as in my kitchen and master bathroom. I will include pictures, but have yet to figure out how to do that here.

QUESTION: Where do your go for inspiration online for you decorating projects?

I know that decorating a mobile/doublewide/manufactured home is the same as decorating a regular home, but sometimes the materials used are cheaper (like the fake wood), so prepwork takes longer to make it look right.

Also, I like something visual, not just a piece of text, which is what I most often find on the sites I have found about mobile home decorating.

Any ideas welcome.

Hugs

Trine

Comments (2)