Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
java_the_hutt

Manufactured Home Paid For... And The Problems With It...

java_the_hutt
9 years ago

Mornin'! I hope all is well with everyone. Name is Java, and I have need of advice. My problem lies herein:

I just bought a 10-year-old manufactured home and it is in GREAT shape, but I have just discovered a problem that I would like to solve sooner than later after yesterdays rain.

The rain we just had poured for hours so I stopped by the house to see how it fared. Water was covering the front steps and also all around the underside of the crappy skirting and well under the house. I don't want water draining under the house. I mean, a little draining here is okay, it will air out and be gone, but dang, this water was well under and it will likely take days to drain/soak/evaporate. Speaking of drain, it isn't really draining... except UNDER the house. That is nuts. Now I have to put money into keeping the water out... but I have no idea where to start.

I need advice. What do I do here? Do I just buy dirt and throw it under the house and have it high in the middle and thin it out toward the skirting, or do I need to do something else? Is the water even a problem? I am at a loss here. I do not know where to begin. Please advise... if this needs to be fixed before I move in then I need to act soonest.

-Java

Comment (1)

Sponsored