Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
voyager977

Opinions on 2001 Redman of PA (Champion?)

voyager977
10 years ago

Hi All,

Been following these forums for a while and recently joined. I appreciate all the great info everyone shares here and am looking forward to contributing what I can.

At the moment, I'm looking at a 2001 Redman of PA double wide 3 bed 2 bath 1836 sq ft with fireplace. The walls appear to be 1/4 to 3/8 vinyl covered sheetrock with the usual seam strips along each panel connection.

I'm hoping to get some feedback from anyone familiar with this brand and also general feedback on my update plans from anyone with general rehab experience.

We would plan on:

* Pulling up the kelly green deep pile carpet and replacing with wood laminates.

* Replacing kitchen island and cabinets with either salvaged or Ikea cabinets.

*Adding exterior style french doors to both left and right entryways off the main foyer. (exterior come in a standard size that will rough into the opening easily and will provide more of a sound barrier than interior style)

*Adding TWO sets of argon gas filled insulated sliding doors to the south side of the house (to the far right when you walk into the front door)

*Removing all the wall strips and taping/filling before priming and painting walls.

*Replacing all of the existing dual pane windows with windows that are actually insulated and efficient. Those installed presently look simply like two pieces of glass with a plastic window light divider between them. They do not appear to be insulated at all.

Are there any major items I should be looking at regarding this home or our plans?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

Sponsored
Designing Beautiful, Sustainable Homes in Columbus