Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Manufactured Homes

Posted by luz1965 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 25, 08 at 9:38

Went to Homes Direct In Albuquerque. great experience and awesome homes Bruce was wonderful super Salesman. Knowledgeable and fun. A no pressure visit. Best homes I've seen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Manufactured Homes

Great homes there at HD of Albuquerque. We had a super Salesman, Ty, as well, no pressure. Things were going great UNTIL the General Manager got involved. He chewed out the salesman in front of us (I hate that) because he was not pressuring and not getting the money fast enough. He started pushing the "special" which was a very nice house, but not the house for two senior citizens who are retired. He was able to convince my husband it WAS the house for us. You would not believe all the things that went on after that. He even went so far as to send an invoice to our banker for the full amount of the house (did not reflect our 10% down payment) before it was finished. Fortunately, the banker was on the ball and called him for an adjusted invoice showing our down payment and told him she would not release the money until the house was finished. There are probably too many things to mention here, but here is one of them. We told them at least four times we wanted a total electric house. Guess what? It ended up with a gas furnace. They wanted $2500.00 to switch it to an electric. No one seems to want to answer my questions as to why/how so many things could go wrong. Should you purchase a home through them, be very, very careful about everything.
Good Luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here