Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
you know those ugly panels they put over water heaters

Posted by ronbre (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 29, 09 at 9:03

You know those ugly panels that they screw on over water heater openings..well I kept removing ours as when we put the wood boiler in we have pipes going through there..and i can just reach in and feel to tell if i need to put more wood on the boiler..if the pipes are cold or hot.

it was ugly leaving it open though..so we had some salvaged bifold doors from our old house after the fire..so yesterday I got one of the old bifolds and i took 2 hinges and fastened it to the opening over the water heater where i took off the panel..now i just can swing the door aside to reach in and feel the pipes..and it looks so much better than that old screwed on panel..actually kinda decorative..it will need a coat of matching paint..but that will come in time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: you know those ugly panels they put over water heaters

Great idea I may just use that!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here