Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anmit

Aquariums in Mobiles?

ANmiT
12 years ago

I have a fairly newer home it's a 2003 fleetwood doublewide. I am trying to find out if it's safe to put in a 120 gallon aquarium. From what I can tell is a 120gal with water, rocks, fish, decorations will be anywhere from 1000lbs-1500lbs (depending on amount of rocks etc). I do have a california king waterbed in the master which what I can tell holds approx 250gallons and weighs about a ton. It has a larger footprint though to help with the weight but I have never had any issues with it. I would think the tank would be fine but want to make sure before I commit to getting it.

I have looked & found a few posts on other sites regarding this but it pertains to older homes. They recommend bracing the beams under the house with blocks, jacks etc & then placing a 3/4" piece of plywood under the stand of the tank to help distrubite weight.

I would think the newer homes are made sturdier than the older ones so just curious if I should still consider doing what is suggested for the older homes? I am thinking of putting it in the living room on a interior wall going across the house. It will be located on only one half though.

Thank you for your time!

Comments (3)

Sponsored