Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
garden_gal30

painting vinyl covered walls with smoke damage

garden_gal30
13 years ago

We are buying a DW mobile home that has smoke damage to the vinyl covered walls in both the living room and dining room. It is our first mobile home and is a foreclosure that the previous owners not only cared for poorly, but also stripped when they moved out. It needs a lot of rehabbing, and I am looking for advice from anyone with experience remodeling and redecorating mobile homes. The smoke damage is from a fire, not cigarette smoke, and I'm trying to determine the best way to clean and cover the stained walls. I have seen a lot of posts talking out paint peeling off of vinyl covered walls, and I don't want to make a costly mistake if I can avoid it. Also, any suggestions would be appreciated on the best way to remove and repair ceiling that has water damage and mold from a leaking roof. We also have to replace the furnace in the home, as the previous owners took it with them when they moved out. (yes, really) Any ideas on how to go about finding an affordable replacement HVAC unit? this house is on a full basement, would it make more sense to try and install a new furnace in the basement instead of in the space upstairs that the factory allowed for a furnace? I appreciate any suggestions on anything; I need help... never having owned or lived in a mobile home before, I really don't know a lot about them and what is different from a traditional stick built house. thanks!

Comments (4)

Sponsored