Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Site Prep and Finish Questions/Budgeting

Posted by teresamacalmon (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 8, 07 at 17:06

These are very newbie questions, so please bear with me. We are looking at putting a modular on some rural land. Budget is a definite consideration, as my husband is soon to retire from non-profit work (i.e., not rolling in the dough pension-wise). I have an estimate, and am getting more, on the site prep including the basement, well,& septic. What I don't know is what kind of ballpark numbers to budget for the finishing of the house in terms of HVAC, plumbing, etc. I know the HVAC unit(s) will need to be purchased and installed, hooked up the ducting already installed in the house itself -- don't know what the costs for that installation would be, in addition to the cost for the furnace and AC themselves. ALso, plumbing will have to be connected from the house to the site itself in the basement -- again, what to budget? I'm just looking for ballpark numbers, here, if someone has any insight or experience on this. I know that we'll have to get estimates, etc., before we get much more involved, but am trying to build a working budget to figure out if things are "do-able." We're located in Missouri, between Columbia and St. Louis, if that helps.

Thanks, all.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Site Prep and Finish Questions/Budgeting

I recently went through this process here in California on my quad-wide manufactured home. The costs below will give you an idea based on what I paid:

Site preparation ran me about $7000
HVAC - Furnaces came with the home
A/C Units - $4500, including installation
Plumbing, Propane, and Water hookups to the house only - $1500 (Trenching for water and propane (gas) and installation of pipes is extra)
Septic Tank - Totally installed and hooked up to house - $3500
Electric from pole - underground - (450 feet away) - $17,000
Telephone - (450 feet away from house) $400 (used the water trench)

Finish Grading - $3000

School Taxes and Building Permit - $7000

Hope this helps

o
RE: Site Prep and Finish Questions/Budgeting

I had a house done last year. The total cost of my plumbing/heating/AC was 13500 for a 2600sf house. This included AC, heater, and duct connection in the basement and second floor. The plumbing included all inhouse finish.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here