Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teresamacalmon

Site Prep and Finish Questions/Budgeting

teresamacalmon
16 years ago

These are very newbie questions, so please bear with me. We are looking at putting a modular on some rural land. Budget is a definite consideration, as my husband is soon to retire from non-profit work (i.e., not rolling in the dough pension-wise). I have an estimate, and am getting more, on the site prep including the basement, well,& septic. What I don't know is what kind of ballpark numbers to budget for the finishing of the house in terms of HVAC, plumbing, etc. I know the HVAC unit(s) will need to be purchased and installed, hooked up the ducting already installed in the house itself -- don't know what the costs for that installation would be, in addition to the cost for the furnace and AC themselves. ALso, plumbing will have to be connected from the house to the site itself in the basement -- again, what to budget? I'm just looking for ballpark numbers, here, if someone has any insight or experience on this. I know that we'll have to get estimates, etc., before we get much more involved, but am trying to build a working budget to figure out if things are "do-able." We're located in Missouri, between Columbia and St. Louis, if that helps.

Thanks, all.

Comments (2)